Inglewood DUI Lawyer
Have you been arrested for DUI in Inglewood? Reach out to The DUI Specialist for a free consultation.
ABOGADO JEFF YEH " EL ESPECIALISTA EN DUI "
We specialized in DUI defense and DMV hearings
Casos de DUI
Porcentaje de clientes que evitan la pena de prisión
Años de experiencia
Licenciado en Derecho
DEDICATED TO EXCLUSIVELY DEFENDING DUI CASES IN ALL COURTS IN LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA
Chosen for Best DUI lawyers in Inglewood 2023 by Expertise.com
Servido en español.
Not fluent in English? No problem. We offer 24/7 interpretation in over 30 languages. Communication made easy. Contact us today for 1 HR FREE CONSULTATION.
BUFETE DE JEFF YEH
Dirección de la oficina
3810 Wilshire Blvd., Ste 2107, Los Ángeles, California 90010
Horas de trabajo
24 hours a day 7 days a week
Consulta gratuita en español
Hablar directamente con un abogado
ÁREA DE PRÁCTICA
Defensa de DUI es todo lo que hacemos, así que si usted tiene un DUI o problema relacionado, has venido al lugar correcto.
Jeff Yeh ha sido de gran ayuda. No puedo agradecerle lo suficiente por ayudarme a retirar el cargo de DUI. Yo recomiendo Jeff a cualquiera que esté buscando un abogado de DUI. Él es verdaderamente el especialista en DUI.
Jeff Yeh es un gran abogado de DUI es muy agradable honesto agresivo y sabe cómo trabajar todos los ángulos y el sistema para su beneficio. Voy a recomendar Jeff yeh a cualquiera que necesite un buen abogado de DUI gracias Jeff por toda su ayuda.
Me encontraba en una situación difícil y necesitaba un abogado en el que pudiera confiar. Me puse en contacto con Jeff, y él me proporcionó una excelente representación legal. Fue paciente, bien informado, y siempre disponible para responder a mis preguntas. Él fue capaz de conseguir mis cargos reducidos, y estoy agradecido por todo su trabajo duro.
AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE FOR DUI CHARGES IN INGLEWOOD
Navigating a DUI Charge in Inglewood, California
Facing a DUI charge in Inglewood, CA, can be an overwhelming experience. The consequences of a DUI conviction are severe, ranging from jail time and substantial fines to mandatory suspension of your driver’s license. Don’t make the mistake of underestimating the impact this can have on your life.
Why You Need a DUI Lawyer in Inglewood
When charged with a DUI, it’s crucial to seek legal representation immediately to save your license from automatic suspension. A DUI lawyer familiar with the Inglewood courthouse can identify weaknesses in the case against you. This expertise can lead to favorable negotiations or a successful defense in court.
Penalties for DUI in Inglewood
Despite the favorable jury pool for the defense, Inglewood prosecutors take a strong stance against DUIs, resulting in aggressive prosecution. First-time DUI convictions in California can cost you over $15,000, including:
- Multas: Minimum fines start at $1,800, including court fees. The total can increase significantly when penalty assessments are factored in.
- Cárcel: Conviction may lead to jail time of up to six months.
- Suspensión de la licencia: A DUI conviction can result in a license suspension of at least six months.
- Escuela de DUI: If convicted, you’ll need to attend at least three-month DUI education program, costing over $500. This number goes above $1500 for a nine-month program.
- Insurance Implications: DUI convictions can double your insurance premium and even lead to policy cancellations.
DUI Process in Inglewood
Regardless of the arresting police agency, your DUI case will usually follow a specific process:
- Audiencia DMV: You have ten days after arrest to schedule a DMV hearing, which can help you retain your driving privileges while the case is pending.
- Arraignment: During this court appearance, you’ll enter a plea and set a Pre-Trial date to return. Having a lawyer signals your commitment to your defense. Your lawyer will use the time between arraignment and Pre-Trial to review the discovery, looking for inconsistencies in evidence and potential defenses.
- Pre-Trial: Your lawyer will present your case under the best possible light to the prosecutor, who will likely give an offer. Another Pre-Trial may be set so you and your lawyer can discuss the pros and cons of accepting the offer.
- Motions and Counter-Offers: If a better offer is sought, or more discovery arrives, your lawyer may decide to file certain motion(s) to compel or exclude certain evidence. This is often accompanied by a counter-offer that is presented to the prosecutor just before the motion is heard.
- Jury Trial: When all. negotiations have broken down, your lawyer may advise you to pursue a jury trial, where a jury of 12 men and women in the Inglewood area will hear your case. In the trial, your lawyer may cross-examine the prosecution’s witnesses, including the police and state experts. Your lawyer may also present witnesses, including yourself. You have the right to remain silent, and your silence cannot be used as evidence of guilt. If you give up this right and testify, the prosecutor will be able to cross-examine you. All twelve jurors must agree unanimously for you to be convicted or acquitted.
- Post Trial: If there is no unanimous verdict (hung jury), the Judge will declare a mistrial. Then the process may start all over again, although your bargaining position usually improves after the prosecutor is unable to convict you on the first try.
Challenging Police Evidence
Police actions and evidence can be questioned, potentially leading to inadmissible evidence. Your lawyer can challenge:
- Chemical Tests: Irregularities in blood or breath tests can lead to evidence being tossed out. For example, a blood vial lacking sufficient preservatives, or a breath machine that wasn’t properly maintained or calibrated.
- Rights Violations: A breach of your Miranda rights can render some crucial statements made by you inadmissible. For example, if you are handcuffed at the start or middle of the DUI investigation, or another round of questioning takes place at the police station, and your rights are not read to you beforehand.
- Testimony Inconsistencies: Lawyers can cross-examine officers and witnesses, revealing inconsistencies that cast doubt on the state’s evidence. For example, the police and state experts can be shown to be biased, and their conclusions pre-determined.
Benefit of an Inglewood DUI Attorney
A professional DUI lawyer can contest evidence, protect your rights, and provide alternatives to pleading guilty. The goal is to achieve the best outcome for you by minimizing the many negative consequences of having a DUI.
Take Action Now
Time is of the essence. Act quickly to secure the best defense. The legal process moves swiftly, and the first deadline is only ten days after your arrest. Contact us for a FREE consultation with an experienced Inglewood DUI attorney. Don’t wait; your future is at stake.